Warm blueberry cobbler recipe
A cobbler is an easy dessert to make. It consists of a fruit filling with a batter on top.
Ingredients – 12 servings
- 3 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten (or use a flax egg* to make it vegan)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place blueberries in a 15 × 25 cm baking dish.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over the blueberries.
- Whisk flour, sugar, egg together in a bowl until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs; spread over blueberries. Drizzle butter over flour mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cobbler is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
* To make a flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon of flaxseed (ground linseed) with 2½ tablespoons of water and let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
Photo: Happy Hirtzel