You can choose to make as much of these biscuits from scratch as you’d like, or you can opt to buy some of the components.
- 28 Marie biscuits
- 28 vanilla marshmallows
- ¼ cup of frozen blueberries, thawed and mashed with a fork, or blueberry jam
- 375 grams dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 160°C
- Place half the biscuits upside down on a baking tray. Cut each marshmallow in half, then press four halves onto each biscuit.
- Bake for 2 minutes or until the marshmallow is soft and slightly melted.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for one minute.
- Spread the blueberry jam over the base of the remaining biscuits.
- Sandwich together each jam biscuit with a marshmallow biscuit, squeezing gently to ensure they stick.
- Allow to set for 15 minutes or until the marshmallow is completely cooled.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of just-simmering water. Watch it carefully, stirring frequently, to ensure it doesn’t burn. Once melted, stir through the oil.
- Line up your biscuits, chocolate and a baking tray lined with baking paper. Using two forks, dip each biscuit into the chocolate, ensuring it is completely covered. Place the biscuit on the baking sheet to set, then use either a metal spatula to smooth the tops or leave them as they are. Allow the biscuits to set completely.