Blueberry summer pudding
Makes 6 servings
- 600g frozen blueberries
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12–18 slices of white bread
- whipped cream and fresh berries, to serve
- In a saucepan, bring the blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice to the boil, stirring frequently. Simmer for 5 minutes. Let cool and refrigerate until the mixture has cooled, about 1 hour.
- Line six ½ cup ramekins with lightly oiled plastic wrap.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut 18 discs of bread that will fit into your ramekins.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the blueberry juice into the ramekin. Cover with a disc of bread. Repeat with sauce then bread to make additional layers. You can add fresh blueberries to each layer. Keep remaining sauce for serving.
- Fold the plastic wrap over the pudding to cover. Place the ramekins on a baking dish and put a small can or another ramekin filled with dried beans on each pudding to weigh them down.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Unmould and remove the plastic wrap. Invert onto plates and top with whipped cream. Garnish with the remaining blueberry sauce and fresh berries.