Blueberry energy balls
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup oats (you can use gluten-free oats)
- ¼ cup nut butter of your choice
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- Optional: chia seeds
- Add blueberries, oats and nut butter to a food processor, mix until combined and you have a thick paste.
- Stir through the coconut.
- Using your hands roll mixture into balls, about 1–2 tablespoons each. If it gets too sticky, dip your fingers in lukewarm water to help smooth the balls out.
- Roll in some more coconut or chia seeds.
- Place on a plate or in a container, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve and enjoy!
If you want a sweeter mixture, add some maple syrup, honey or a few dates to the recipe.
Photo by artem evdokimov.