- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1½ teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar, egg, milk, almond extract and lemon zest. Mix well after the addition of each ingredient. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; blend into the sugar mixture. Fold in the blueberries. Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking trays, about 4 cm apart.
- Bake 12–15 minutes in the preheated oven. Let the biscuits cool on the baking trays for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe from Allrecipes. Photo by Marilyn Barbone.